Most of the chili recipes that you can find today are versatile. It gives you the opportunity to try mixing meat products and vegetables to make it tastier and healthier. There are even foods that are also good for kids with beans and other whole grain contents. One simple recipe that you may be eager to try is the Bacon-Chili Beef Stew Recipe. This one is easy to prepare that may normally take you 1 hour and 5o minutes for the overall preparation and cooking time. The ingredients listed below are intended for 6 servings only.
• 4 unpeeled diced (2 cups) small red potatoes
• 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
• 4 slices 1/2-inch pieces cut of bacon
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons chili sauce
• 2 cans (14.5 oz each) dice
• 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
• 1 jar (12 oz) home-style beef gravy
• 1 1/2 lb lean (1/2-inch pieces) beef stew meat
• 1 chopped (1/2 cup) medium onion
• Un-drained tomatoes with mild green chilies
• 1 cup frozen whole Green Giant kernel corn (from 12 oz bag) Niblets® Valley Fresh Steamers®
To prepare the Bacon-Chili Beef Stew, you can make use of a large saucepan so that all of the ingredients will be mixed properly. A 4 quart of saucepan would be okay. Make sure that you will cook the bacon with medium heat. You can wait for 3 up to 4 minutes to pass until it will frequently stir. Then, make sure that you cook it but do not let it crisp. You can drain the bacon fat. You can get about 2 tablespoon for which right through the saucepan. The next thing that you have to do is to add the onion and then the beef. Then, you can also sprinkle it with pepper and seasoned salt. Wait for 4 up to 6 minutes. After that, you can frequently stir the ingredients right until the onion will be transparent or tender and then the beef is brown.
You can then put the chili sauce, tomatoes and then the gravy. You can then heat it to boil and then add the carrots and potatoes all together. Cover it and use medium heat. To make sure that the beef will be tender, wait for 50 up to 60 minutes.
What Do People Say About It
Most of the people love to put corn in the menu. It makes the chili recipe extra special. It is also an option to serve it with green salad and flour tortillas.